Sometimes when translating information from one source to the next, the meaning gets lost, emotion loses value, passion becomes apathy.
Previous:
 
Wrong words
Sunday, April 29, 2007

I tend to get myself in trouble a lot by saying things I don't intend to say, or attemping to describe something using the complete wrong choice of words.

That's sort of the thing I based the theme of this blog around. Funny that I should have an occurance of this scenario the night of the same day I create the blog.

I don't intend to be offensive when I say things. It's so damn hard to continue the flow of the sentence while at the same time think ahead for where you are going and what words to use. Every now and then I'll complete a thought and be so happy that I actually fleshed out a thought and then it turns out I've somehow offended someone.

The last thing I want to do is make a very good friend of mine upset. All I want to do is see my friends be happy. Even if I can't find the kind of happiness I would like to have myself, at least I would like my friends to be happy. And even if they aren't truly happy, at least show some sort of sign that they're really enjoying spending time with me.

It's a hard thing, life.

Like Moulin Rouge, I just want to love and be loved in return.

It's a shame tents are so appealing.

Also, I have an incredibly strong urge to analyze things in depth now adays. I'm not sure if it's only when I'm drinking (I'm sure that certainly helps because I don't talk much when sober) but I tried so many times tonight to attempt to start an analyzation of something. No one bit the entire night. It's sort of disheartening. I'm not sure if the topics I was bringing up weren't appealing or if my friends just weren't in a debating sort of mood.

Finally on the way home Chris D and I had a lengthy discussion about the Hip Hop music scene and the process of artists coming from the streets and transforming into international stars. I learned that I can't fault the businessmen at the record companies for putting that music out there. The buzz has to start with the people to begin with.

So it's now the people that I'm not so sure of.

Maybe not humanity as a whole, but definitely the young, impressionable minds.

I wish more people would spend time thinking.

It's like working out, but for the brain.

And you don't have to sweat.

Posted by K. Hanley