Sometimes when translating information from one source to the next, the meaning gets lost, emotion loses value, passion becomes apathy.
Hesitant
Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Sometimes I'm hesitant to read a friend's blog. I don't have a problem reading blogs of people I don't know well, but when I go to read the blog of a close friend, I am scared that it will change the way I act around them or how I feel about them. I know it isn't their fault; they're just writing what they feel at that time, and half the time it's written as the result of something that has just happened to them and they're still feeling the negative/positive effects of it. But you never really know someone. Especially if they're shy and keep their private life to themselves when you speak in person. You open up a blog and it's like swimming around in their brain, and sometimes it can be wonderful and sometimes it can be super scary.

So that in turn caused me to wonder if what I wrote here would have any sort of impact on how you all thought of me. I think all of you who read this know me pretty well, and I don't really think I could write anything to lessen or worsen your feelings toward me, so I'm hoping that's the case.

But I can't restrain myself when I write here. That would negate the idea of having a private blog in the first place.

So I guess I'll continue to write what I'm feeling and hope at the end, we're all still walking together in our little circle of friends.

Thanks guys.

Posted by K. Hanley