Sometimes when translating information from one source to the next, the meaning gets lost, emotion loses value, passion becomes apathy.
Friends
Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I don't know how many times in the past week I've been sitting at work or driving in my car when I suddenly got a brilliant idea to blog about, only to get home and forget it completely.

It's a real shame, because I'm robbing you fine people of some quality banter. Stuff the great blogs (or as good as a Kevin-blog can be) are made of!

So anyway, I'm really sorry. You'll have to suffer through another garbage post.

I want to do this blog about friendship, but I don't know how broad I want to make it.

Helping a friend through problems when he or she is going through some shit can be pretty taxing. It's frustrating in the sense that with all your might and being, you want to help this person through it. You rack your brain day and night hoping to maybe think of some way to contribute to this person's well-being so that hopefully, because of something (big or small) you did or said, helped them in some way.

But try as you might, nothing you can do or say seems to help.

And what do you do when your best friend is going through some shit and you need someone to confide in? You certainly don't want to bog down said friend, who is already going through so much, with even more shit. But you don't have anyone else to talk to. So your problems begin compounding and the load you are carrying seems to get heavier and heavier.

Then you and your friend both go into a horrible downward spiral and land somewhere in the middle of a nervous breakdown.

I wish I could help you.

I want to more than anything.

Your happiness means the world to me.

I hope we can find it again.

Posted by K. Hanley